Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Can I? (4 months in)


January 13, 2011

 

Can I forgive myself for being deceived, for foolishly trying to control my life and make everything okay, even picture perfect?  Can I look forward to and even enjoy the challenge of working on an imperfect marriage with an imperfect man and imperfect me?  Can I let go of the pain and the fear and the sadness? 

 

Can I open my heart, can I let people in?  Can I have fun and let go of the control?  Can I risk looking like a fool and failing in order to enjoy and learn from life? 

 

Can I trust God and let go?                           

 

Can I let go of the fear of becoming overwhelmed and be gentle with myself when I do become overwhelmed?  Can I maintain an eternal perspective and let the little stuff stay little (not make it bigger than it is)? 

 

Can I enlist my husband's help in teaching and raising our children and then let him help in his way?  Can we plan activities together and can I stay calm and happy as we plan and let them come to pass? 

No comments:

Post a Comment